A slightly bigger week for me this time. Here’s what I’m picking up:
- BATMAN #689 – I feel like I should keep giving Winick’s run a shot. Plus, you know…It’s Batman. I picked this up too. I’ve been hoping something would happen…you know, other than getting a rehash of ’90’s Kyle Rayner. This was the first Winick issue that didn’t disappoint.
- BLACKEST NIGHT #2 – Assuming there are extra pages in this book to warrant the extra dollar, I’ve really been enjoying the lead-up and the first issue. I’m hoping that, like Final Crisis, this reads better as a whole. I enjoyed the other week’s GL much more than this “clip show” of who’s coming back from the dead.
- BLACKEST NIGHT BATMAN #1 – Yeah, I’m a sucker, but I need to know what they’re going to do here. Skipped it; maybe I’ll get it during a light week. How was it?
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #602 – I actually wound up picking up #601 last week but haven’t read it yet. Assuming it’s still good, I’ll keep rolling with it. I’m really enjoying this arc. It’s a good old fashioned SM story with little Twilight Zone tweaks. Harry’s broke, MJ’s always running late for a date, and JJJ is mayor. I’m tempted to go back and get things since Brand New Day started.
- GI Joe #8 was solid, but it’s moving too slow.
- Action 880 continues to surprise me. I never would have thought I’d care about a Rucka story again after his mediocre run on Batman back when Bruce Wayne was a fugitive. Nightwing and Flamebird are interesting.
- X-Men Forever might be the best stuff Claremont has done in ages. AND the X-men are interesting and easy to grasp again.
What are YOU getting this week?
That about sums it up for me.