- BATMAN RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE #2 OF (6) – Caveman Batman? Check. Puritan Batman? Check. This is turning into the best Elseworlds series ever, because it’s all real. Well…”real”. Thank you for being awesome, Grant Morrison.
- GREEN LANTERN #54 – Honestly, I’m not entirely sure what to say about Green Lantern at this point. It’s space-fallout from Blackest Night. I’m okay with that, but it’ll be nice to eventually get back to Green Lantern stories and put the mega-event behind us.
- JUSTICE LEAGUE GENERATION LOST #2 – And speaking of said mega-event, I guess I spoke too soon. I liked the first issue, and didn’t think Winick was up to his usual tricks of not having anything interesting happen. I dig the premise, and even though we’re getting the Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire-era team without the BWAH-HA-HA’s, that’s okay, the DCU has changed since then. I’m just glad the characters haven’t been shuffled off into Limbo.
- SECRET AVENGERS #1 – I’m as surprised as anyone else, but I picked up and enjoyed last week’s new Avengers title. So, as much as I’d like to ignore this completely, I’ll give it a shot. Plus, even though I’ve never read a good Moon Knight story, for some reason I’m drawn to him.
- THANOS IMPERATIVE IGNITION #1 – And speaking of being drawn to characters, I’ve got a soft spot for Thanos, too, based more or less exclusively on his awesomeness in The Infinity Gauntlet. And geez…that was 20 years ago! Assuming we set some extra content, I’ll give this one a shot.
Hey Matt, What’s that over there???
- THUNDERBOLTS #144 – And here’s where what I’m most likely to consider “Jeff Parker’s Thunderbolts” kicks off, with Luke Cage’s team of reformed villains. And Man-Thing, which makes no sense (yet) but I’m super-excited to read about.
That’s it for me. What are YOU looking at?