I’ve been saving this batch up for a while. Enjoy.
- Bill Murray talks to GQ about…everything. Random, yes, but a good read. It’s tangentially relevant because he discusses Garfield.
- There’s some great test footage for a potential Goon animated movie. Matt and I both saw a somewhat different version last year at the Goon panel (aka The Greatest Panel Of All Time!), and I’m glad it’s starting to leak online now.
- Chris Sims gives us some modern comic covers in Silver Age Style. I hope this becomes a running bit, because it’s awesome.
- And speaking of Sims, I don’t know if this is true or just his setup, but these Superman redesigns from 1974 are priceless.
- The Quietus has an unusual interview with Alan Moore. Lots of magic and music. And of course, Watchmen.
- Meanwhile, Wired discovers that DC actually offered him Watchmen back in exchange for spinoffs. Good call not taking it, mate.
- I suspect this is Mark Waid’s dream job.
- The Onion (along with a surprising number of media outlets) is covering Comic-Con. I couldn’t agree more with their assessment of Hall H. Matt and I spent an hour just navigating the line last year, only to arrive too late.
That’s it for this week. Have a good weekend, everyone.