Another healthy batch of links this week. Enjoy.
- Not that I read many, but my new favorite webcomic is Axe Cop. Artist Ethan Nicolle just got interviewed about it at Newsarama.
- John Byrne makes a decent point, suggesting Rob Liefeld on Watchmen 2, but did he have to say it like that? Personally, I hope that the industry would rally against Watchmen 2 and that all comic professionals would refuse to participate in any prequels, sequels, sidequels, squeakwels, and what have you.
- Matt and I are both enormous fans of The State, and I was pretty disappointed when Reno 911! got cancelled. Apparently it’s back…Kind of. Called U.S.S. Alabama, it’s essentially Reno 911! in space. Sign me up! You may also be interested to see a review of the Reno 911! porn parody by Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon.
- I don’t necessarily agree with all of the solutions in this Op-Ed about Hall H at Comic-Con, but I agree that something has to be done. Not just to stave off violence (let’s face it, no metal detector was going to stop a kid with a pen), but for fairness to the fans.
- And, because no batch of links would be complete without a link to something Chris Sims has written, he reviews Batman: The Widening Gyre #6. In doing so he has ensured that I will never, ever read this horrible comic. I caved and picked up Cacophony, but will NEVER allow myself to see someone write Batman like this.
- Remember 80’s cartoon and toy line “The Bearriors”? No. No you don’t.
Have a good weekend, everyone!