Due to some traveling, we’re skipping Superhero Secrets today to get caught up with This Week’s Comics. Here’s what I’m looking at this week.
- BATMAN #706 – Getting Batman off the pull list hurts somewhat, but Tony Daniels’ work hasn’t been setting me on fire lately. These will be easy enough to pick up on the cheap in a couple months.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA MAN & WOLF TP – I don’t even know where to start with this one. It’s generally accepted as a low-point of 90’s-era comics and the individual issues are staples of quarter bins around the country, so I’m not sure why Marvel is releasing this for $15, but if you’ve always wanted to overpay to read a crappy story, this is the week for you!
- DC COMICS PRESENTS THE ATOM #1 – I feel fairly certain that whichever run is reprinted here will be something I haven’t read before. I’m game.
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #500 – Aw, I’m a sucker for Anniversary issues, and I was very impressed by the first chunk I read of Matt Fraction’s run on IIM.
- LOVEBUNNY & MR HELL TP VOL 01 – I probably have all of the individual issues that will be reprinted here, but I really like this title. It’s funny and the art is stellar. It’s well worth trying out if you’ve had any curiosity about it.
- SUPERIOR #4 – This grim ‘n’ gritty Captain Marvel has stayed pretty interesting. It’s worth checking out, and I admit to being intrigued by the Superior/Nemesis/Kick-Ass crossover that’s being hinted at.
- WOLVERINE #5 – I LOVE Jason Aaron’s work and Wolverine in Hell has been, by all accounts, incredible. Pulled.
This week’s books have been added to my ongoing pull list. That’s it for me. What are YOU looking at?