There’s a great mix of material this week! Here’s what I’m looking at.
- 100 PENNY PRESS JOHN BYRNE NEXT MEN #1 – This is the last series when I REALLY remember liking John Byrne’s art. Or at least, his inking.
- AVENGERS #14
- BATMAN #711
- GLADSTONES SCHOOL FOR WORLD CONQUERORS #2 – I only picked up the first issue on whim, but I’m so glad I did. Good, fun, all-ages fare that doesn’t seem to be an audition for a toy line or an affront to adult sensibilities. Give this one a try.
- GODZILLA GANGSTERS & GOLIATHS #1 (OF 5) – As much as I’ve been loving IDW’s Kingdom of Monsters series, this one seems to much of a novelty book.
- HULK #35 – I’m only an issue away from being able to dive into Jeff Parker’s run. I did just finish a big chunk of the Loeb/McGuinness run and — God help me — I loved it.
- KIRBY GENESIS #1 – If you’re looking for a good “love letter to Jack Kirby” you’re better served digging up Rob Liefeld’s (okay, okay…Alan Moore’s) Supreme. This is just a mess of ideas that don’t seem fully formed. On the plus side, I got to find that out through a one dollar preview issue.
That’s it for me. What are YOU looking at?