Another big week! Here’s the new and noteworthy shipping from Diamond.
- DC RETROACTIVE BATMAN THE 80S #1, DC RETROACTIVE THE FLASH THE 80S #1, and DC RETROACTIVE WONDER WOMAN THE 80S #1
- FLASHPOINT #4 (OF 5)
- HERC #6
- HEROES FOR HIRE #10 – I managed to snag the first few issues and liked this a lot. Good, solid superheroics in the street-level Marvel U.
- HULK #38
- INFINITE #1 – Robert Kirkman and The Rob have put together a book that promises to be a step out of 1994 like Prophet. But that’s okay. If there’s anything a recent re-reading of books like Brigade and Bloodstrike has taught me, it’s that in a sea of imitators Rob Liefeld still has something unique and valuable to offer. Although how he’s going to draw this AND Hawk and Dove at the same time has me somewhat puzzled.
- PUNISHER #1 – I’m just curious to see what Greg Rucka has in store.
- ROGER LANGRIDGE SNARKED #0 – To be fair, even if it didn’t cost just a dollar I would buy anything after the words “Roger Langridge,” even if it was “Buries Jesse In A Shallow Grave”.
- SHIELD #2
- THUNDERBOLTS #161
- WOLVERINE #13
In unrelated news, Marvel has jumped on the “put your shop on our cover” bandwagon.* Figuring it worked for IDW with their cover of Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters #1, Marvel is printing up variants of Amazing Spider-Man #666 with comic shop logos. Which — don’t get me wrong — is a great gimmick to steal, but whereas IDW actually created minor changes to their art, Marvel is just copying and pasting image files. Not quite as good a concept. For what it’s worth, Mile High Comics is offering one of their variants FREE with any $20 order, as long as you ask for it in the comments section. That’s a pretty solid deal.
Not much else on the list for this week. That’s it for me. What are YOU looking at?