There’s a lot to talk about this week, including how strange it is to take a look through Diamond’s new releases and see so many #1’s. Which brings be to a question I’m throwing out to our reading public. Not that many folks have been following my experiment to pick up new releases on the cheap, but if you have, should I keep including DC books throughout this year for the purpose of the experiment?
It’s been going exceptionally well, picking up books a couple months later for under cover price, and if left to my own devices I would just drop all the DCU titles and be done with it. But I’m concerned that it would throw off the results, and I’m wondering if I should keep up the list with DCnU titles through the year for the sake of the experiment. If you have any thoughts, or just want to berate me for such a dumb stunt, hit us up in the comment section.
- 27 SECOND SET #1 (OF 4) – The first series had some promise but just never really jelled with me, unfortunately.
- DAREDEVIL #3
- FEAR ITSELF #6 (OF 7)
- FEAR ITSELF HULK VS DRACULA #1 (OF 3) – I wonder if my ditching DC titles is going to lead to my making up for it with other books I would never otherwise pick up. This is a good case in point. I’m really just sucked in my the high concept, partially due to the Dracula/Sgt Fury WWII story I’m currently reading in some old Marvel Comics Presents. Ah, what’s the worst that could happen?
- GHOST RIDER #3
- GLADSTONES SCHOOL FOR WORLD CONQUERORS #5 – It’s strange, but I really think this is the title I look forward to most each month. Just an all around excellent title.
- HERC #7
- INFINITE #2 – I admit it, Infinite #1 wasn’t great. It was just too vague in all respects. Still, The Rob has had two books come out in two weeks, which means he’s put out more books in 8 days than Todd McFarlane has put out in the last decade.
- NEW AVENGERS #16
- UNCANNY X-FORCE #15 – My Rick Remender love continues unabated.
In other administrivia, you can now email Matt and I directly at matt or jesse at lemurcomics.com. We also have a fledgling Twitter feed up. Check out @LEMURComics for all the minor thoughts that enter our brain but aren’t enough for a full post.
Well, that’s it for me. What are YOU looking at?