The New 52 continues full-bore this week, as Marvel finally wraps up Fear Itself and releases a questionable X-Men book. Here’s this week’s noteworthy titles.
- ATOMIC ROBO GHOST OF STATION X #2 (OF 6) – I think Atomic Robo is my favorite title coming out right now, by anybody anywhere. It’s fun, beautiful, and comes out regularly. Plus, Ghost of Station X happens in the present! Comics can be fun and this book proves it. Add it to your pull list now, thank me later.
- AVENGERS #18
- BATMAN ODYSSEY VOL 2 #1 (OF 7) – I’m curious what’s going on with this one. The last issue of Odyssey came out months ago, so did DC decide to relaunch the rest of it as a volume 2? Either way, pass on this book. I’ve read one through six and it’s pretty, but a violent mess. Neal Adams is still an incredibly strong artist but he seems to be taking pointers on writing from The Worst of Frank Miller’s Batman (TM).
- FEAR ITSELF #7 (OF 7) – By all accounts this has been the best event title Marvel has put out in quite some time. I’m looking forward to reading it, but they’ve been doing a good job of selling out, making my plan to pick them up on the cheap pretty difficult.
- GODZILLA GANGSTERS & GOLIATHS #5 (OF 5) – I’ve considered this the poor man’s IDW Godzilla title, but John Layman does a pretty good job here. Not the premier Godzilla title of our day, but worth reading if you’re jonesing.
- HULK #43
- SUPERIOR #6 (OF 6)
- WOLVERINE #17
- X-MEN #1 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION – I’m really, really curious what’s going on with this one. The cynic in me thinks it’s Marvel showing DC that they can put out a book with Jim Lee art, too, but it seems strange they’d pick a book you can find in any quarter bin in America. Hopefully they’ll be justifying the re-release with some solid additional material, but the necessity of this one confuses me. (A quick search shows, at the very least it’ll be recolored.)
Well, that’s it for this week. What are YOU looking at?