I’m so excited for this week, no preamble. We’re jumping right in! Here are this week’s new and noteworthy releases.
- ATOMIC ROBO REAL SCIENCE ADV #1 $2.75 – New Atomic Robo, and look at that price! Many issues of AR include backup features written by Brian Clevenger and drawn by other available artists. Real Science Adventures takes these from the backups and makes them the featured story. I admit I always appreciate Scott Wegener’s art the most on Robo, partially because he’s just that good, but mainly because the quality of the guest artists tends to fluctuate pretty wildly. Still, new Robo is new Robo, and you can’t go wrong for less than $3.
- BLOODSTRIKE #26 – I am SO torn about this one! On the one hand, it’s Bloodstrike, the main signal that the 90’s had gotten dangerously out of control (yeah, yeah, I read it. Shut up.). On the other, The Rob’s Extreme relaunch has been surprisingly good, so it’s got the virtue of being in good company. I’m in for now.
- DAREDEVIL #10 – I believe I covered this.
- FF #16 – After finally finding FF #1, I’ve read the first year’s worth of stories now. It’s technically good, but I definitely feel like it misses out on part of the appeal of Hickman’s run, namely that just about every story was a standalone but fed into the whole. It was very artfully done, and after 12 issues a complete story hasn’t been told yet. I think that’s pretty poor form. Still, it’s solid FF’ery if you can be patient with it.
- SNARKED #6
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ONGOING #8
I had planned to take this space to mention Greg Rucka’s new Punisher series, but that will have to wait until next week, when I’ll pair it up with Rick Remender’s new Venom. So that’s it for this week. What looks good to you?