At least they kept the speech by Criswell!
Now we here at the L.E.M.U.R. Comics Blog are incredibly huge fans of the original, though it seems to me remaking the film is a no-win situation. If you make a good movie it defeats the point of Plan 9 and you alienate your base, and if you make a bad movie it’s already been done.
Still, if you’re going to make a movie you should do it right. Here are the 10 things that should absolutely, definitely, 100% be in the remake.
- Scenes that cut between night and day
- Effeminate aliens
- A lead character who keeps his face covered at all times
- Elvira, Mistress of the Night as a replacement for Vampira
- A space station shaped like a breast
- Buffalo (this is from another movie, but still necessary)
- Scenes that take place in an airplane
- A guy scratching his head with a gun
- Macho Man Randy Savage as a replacement for Tor Johnson
What did I miss? Is there something that no Plan 9 remake should leave out? Hit us up in the comments section.