A couple weeks ago our LIST was a series of polls gambling on the new Green Lantern movie. Now that we’ve actually seen it, we can give some answers.
- How many minutes into the movie before we see Hal with a GL ring?
If you answered 30-45 minutes, you win at 10:1 odds!
Hopefully you took the “under,” because he only said it twice. Of course, that was in about 30 seconds of each other, so you’re forgiven for thinking there would be many, many more.
- Name check/cameo by one or more of the following DCU characters/ Comics creators
Other than a John Broome reference, I didn’t hear ANY other name drops, though the guy at my LCS claims to have heard a quick reference to “Guy”. anyone else?
- Will there be references to other Lantern Corps?
Yes! The Sinestro Corps even got it’s logo in the movie, as did Star Sapphire, on Carol Ferris’s helmet.
- Will Hal Jordan kiss Carol Ferris while wearing GL uniform
Of course! And I believe it happened both with and sans mask.
- Number of times the Green Lantern Oath will be recited (over/under 2.5)
Only twice did the oath get recited, both times by Hal Jordan. Surprising, I expected to hear the entire Corps say it in unison at some point. Hey, they did it at Comic-Con!
- Odds on the film winning each of the following movie awards
We won’t know for many more months, but I’d still bet heavily on MTV.
- Odds of the following Green Lanterns making appearances
I only think I saw Salaak. Anyone else? I just KNEW C’hp would be there, but I never saw him.
- What useless atrocity will happen to one of Hal Jordan’s family members?
As everyone knows, Hal’s father died in a test plane. Pushing someone’s mom down the stairs is what Geoff Johns did to Barry Allen.