So many comics came out last week I’ve barely been able to crack the surface, so expect more reviews next week. I’m also going to start moving my capsule reviews to another day, just because, though I expect there won’t be much in the way of complaints there. But here we are for this week’s new and noteworthy titles.
- BATMAN INCORPORATED #1 – This falls under noteworthy, as it’s Grant Morrison’s return to Batman to wrap up everything from his run. It sure would be nice to read this, but I just can’t bring myself to.
- COMIC BOOK HISTORY OF COMICS GN – youngI’ve only read the first and last issues of Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey’s history of comics, but it’s really amazing. If you’ve enjoyed Action Philosophers, it tackles the subject in a very similar manner and style. And if you were inclined to explain the history of comics with someone, what better way than with a comic? Very highly recommended.
- FANTASTIC FOUR #606
- GODZILLA ONGOING #1 – I’m still pretty bitter about the way IDW allowed Kingdom of Monsters to wrap up and the uneven quality of Legends. I’m going to have to give this one the flip test before Idecide to pay good money on Godzilla again.
- HULK #52 – I’m still pretty far behind on Parker’s Hulk because of a few missing issues, but the plan is to stay on through the Mayan story arc. Because, that’s why!
- PROPHET #25 – Prophet is a pretty novel branch of the Extreme wing, but it’s really losing me. It’s weirdness is just too vague after all this time. I think I’m going to hop off after this arc.
- YOUNGBLOOD #71 – The last of The Rob’s Extreme relaunch is here at last. I expect this to last one or two issues before getting dropped again, just like volume 2, Bloodsport, Genesis, and Imperial. For real.
That’s it for this week. What looks good to you?