Not just a BUNCH of fun releases this week, but spanning the widest range of styles and genres I can recall recently. Here are this week’s new and noteworthy titles.
- ARCHER & ARMSTRONG (NEW) #5
- ATOMIC ROBO FLYING SHE DEVILS O/T PACIFIC #5 – This is somewhat new to me: an Atomic Robo series I’ve had a hard time getting in to. But it’s still better than a majority of comics on the market, even if you’re trade-waiting for this one.
- BLOODSHOT (ONGOING) #6
- BRAVEST WARRIORS #1 3RD PTG – It’s science-hero Adventure Time! And if that appeals to you, hit up Bravest Warriors before it’s too late.
- CROW SKINNING THE WOLVES #1 – James O’Barr, creator of the Crow, returns to his creation here. And though new takes on the concept have all dropped like soggy noodles, I’ve got to give him the benefit of the doubt.
- IMAGE FIRSTS – Image success stories Chew, Fatale, Manhattan Projects, Revival, Saga, Thief of Thieves, Walking Dead all get ONE DOLLAR reprints of their first issues this week. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is well worth a buck and represents something NEW in the comic market — or the storytelling market in general. Look at your New 52 or Marvel NOW budget, then see if you have seven measly dollars to support creator-owned comics.
- IT GIRL & THE ATOMICS #5
- LOVE AND CAPES WHAT TO EXPECT #5 – A Matt favorite, out this week. Maybe we can get him to talk up this series soon.
That’s it for this week. Expect reviews later in the week for Avengers #1, Thunderbolts #1, and Adventure Time #10, a comic SO FREAKING good I can’t decide if it’s better than #5, which I absolutely fell in love with. What looks good to you?